Sunday, October 11, 2009

Teeth....i lost retainer and dont want my teeth to seperate.. what are my options.?

i recently went on a trip to nebraska and i had braces when i was younger i havent had bracesin 2 almost 3years i had to go back to get a retainer cuz i lost my frist one so he made me an aditonal one it was a spring retainer which is expenive i guess and better than a reg retainer. my teeth arent gonna seperate bad not even really at all but they do move a little. and i like them to be perfect. so im thinkin about going and getting a bar put behind my teeth with a diff ortho and say screw retainers.... or do you know of any suggestions? ps... im from northern az my ortho comes once a month from cali... and i no longer live there i live in phoenix. so if i do go back to him it will be a while. ...

Teeth....i lost retainer and dont want my teeth to seperate.. what are my options.?
You should contact your orthodontist as soon as possible. You'll need another retainer, trust me.


I had braces for three years. After I got them off, I wore the retainer for about six months at night before I said screw it. At the time, I had the wire on the back of my teeth. You would think it would keep your teeth in place, but it doesn't. It only holds together the teeth it's glued to. So for it to work, you'd have to get one that stretched the whole length of your teeth, and I have yet to find an orthodontist who will do that. Believe me, I've tried.


Your best option is to get another retainer, unless you're prepared to watch your teeth move around.
Reply:i have the thing behind my teeth also, and i can't imagine it would cost to much. All it is is a thin piece of wire cemented into place. Only thing is, remember to floss around it.





I lost my lower retainer....and I never replaced it! I swear i must have swallowed it in my sleep because it completely dissapeared! The freakiest thing. It still bothers me till this day..





Thank God it was my top teeth that were jacked up, cuz my lowers were never that bad.



office stationery

No comments:

Post a Comment