Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I've lost several teeth about two years ago.. too late for implant?

Sorry to ask so many questions..





I need to know how long I can wait before the bone that held my teeth completely go away not allowing me for an implant in the future? I really dont want a bone graft .

I've lost several teeth about two years ago.. too late for implant?
Hi Janice


No it's not too late.


missing teeth – with no teeth in the bone the tissue is not stimulated and there fore bone absorption accrues over time.


That's why you might need an additional process called Bone graft that will be preformed during the dental implant surgery.





http://www.dental-implants-guide.com/den...





look at this website - it has lot's of info about dental implants





good luck
Reply:Four issues for you to deal with. (1)..Shallow bone does not provide adequate depth for successful implants..(2)..There is no current test that guarantees your bone will accept an Implant and (3)..Implants currently enjoy an 80% plus success ratio and ..(4)..If an implant fails and has to be extracted you will have additional bone loss where the implant was. If you now have missing teeth your best plan would be to replace them with Partial Dentuers thereby protecting your existing teeth, your bite relationship and even the bone. And of course provide the ability to eat a more balanced diet..God luck and I wish you well.



windows installer

No comments:

Post a Comment