Friday, October 23, 2009

Kitten teeth?

How many teeth to kittens have?





When do they lose their teeth?





Is it possible to find all their teeth when they do lose them?

Kitten teeth?
Most often they will just swallow the teeth when they eat, but it you are interested in finding them, look around the food bowl. I found a few of mine youngest cat's teeth that way. When she was loosing teeth, I would also check her mouth, and I gently "pulled" a few of them that were just about to fall out on their own, just to be sure she did not choke on them by accident.





I am not sure about the number of baby teeth they loose, but I think they will start loosing them about 4-6 months and be well done before they are a year old. Different cats mature at different rates though so this is my guess only. Moggies or non-breed cats often develop the fastest, while breeds like Maine Coons and Persians take longer to become full grown.
Reply:Kittens should lose all of their baby teeth by 6 mos. They usually swallow them.



family nanny

No comments:

Post a Comment