Friday, November 6, 2009

Why don't my teeth hrut?

I have lost two teeth in the past seven years. I had very bad cavities in both of them and never got them fixed. Both of them at seperate times had rotted out basically. It hapened over a years time. But why in none of that time did I ever feel pain? Shouldn't I have?

Why don't my teeth hrut?
Most people think that when you have a cavity you will know because it will hurt. Like your situation, it isn't always the case. Your cavity (decay) most likely caused the nerve of the tooth (the living part inside the tooth that feels sensation) to die and if the nerve of the tooth is dead then you cannot feel pain. Not being able to "feel" a cavity is exactly the reason we take cavity checking xrays ever 12-18 months so we can detect a cavity when it is small and fix it then so the tooth won't be lost....





JAMRDH -a dental hygienist



city opera

No comments:

Post a Comment